Who are we and what do we do?
South Wales Orienteering Club (SWOC) (“we”, “our” and “us”) is a not for profit organisation established to promote the sport of orienteering in South Wales and is regionally affiliated to the Welsh Orienteering Association (WOA) and nationally to British Orienteering (BOF).
5 Bullet Summary
- We, as a Data Controller, recognise our responsibility to treat your personal information with the utmost care and to comply with all relevant legislation, in particular the Data Protection Act 2018 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- We may pass the necessary elements of your personal data to other bodies or service providers, but only as necessary in order to provide you with club membership, event entry, timing and results service to our events.
- Basic elements of your personal data (e.g. Name, Gender, Club and Age Class) may appear on start lists and in event results which are in the public domain.
- We will not pass any of your personal data which is not necessary for the delivery of your club membership benefits or event entry to any other third party without your explicit consent.
The legal basis for processing your personal data
|Event Entry – Processing your personal data necessary to provide you with an entry to our events, including keeping you informed of information relevant to the event you have entered.||Contract – between you and SWOC|
|Membership – Processing your personal data necessary to provide you with membership of our club, including keeping you informed of club activities and benefits of membership.||Contract – between you and SWOC|
|Membership Renewal – Using your contact details to remind you to renew your club membership.||Legitimate interest|
The definitions of the data we may collect from you
The definitions of the data sets described below are not exhaustive and may change over time.
|Name Data||Forename and Surname|
|Public Personal Data||Name Data, gender, club, country (default = GBR), and age category.|
|Private Personal Data||Year of birth|
|Contact Personal Data||Contact phone numbers, postal address, email address.|
|Entry Data||Public Personal Data + Private Personal Data + Contact Personal Data|
|Membership Data||Public Personal Data + Private Personal Data + Contact Personal Data|
How we use your personal data
- Your Membership Data is collected on our behalf via British Orienteering.
- British Orienteering also pass your Membership Data to the Welsh Orienteering Association.
- Your Entry Data for pre-entry events may be collected on our behalf via Fabian4.
- Your Public Personal Data may appear on event start lists and result lists in the public domain (I.e. on the web).
- Your Contact Personal Data, where you are a club member, will be used to keep you informed of club activities and benefits of membership.
- Your Contact Personal Data, where you have entered one of our events, will be used to keep you informed of information relevant to the event.
- Your email address will be used to remind you to renew your club membership as necessary.
Membership and Entry data is stored on laptops owned by SWOC or personally by committee members or event organisers, all of which are protected by passwords, firewalls and antivirus software as necessary.
Data Controller Liability
SWOC, as a Data Controller is responsible for your Membership Data and Entry Data while in our possession. All Data Controllers are subject to the same Data Protection legislation, namely the Data Protection Act 2018 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
As a not for profit organisation SWOC is not required to register with the ICO.